Congrats to all the fencers that fenced over the weekend! We had a great turnout of fencers competing at Wilmington!
Here are some notable results:
- Alexander seeded 3rd after an undefeated pools finish.
- Lily seeded 4th after pools with only one loss.
- Gabe seeded 6th after pools with only one loss.
- Colton upset a higher seed in the first round of eliminations, but was eliminated in the round of 16.
- Spell had a bye in the first round, but was eliminated in the round of 16.
- Isaac breezed through the first elimination, and unfortunately setting up a meeting of teammates with Lily in the round of 16. Isaac defeats Lily, but is eliminated in the round of 8.
- Gabe tears through the bracket and upsets higher seed Alexander in the round of 8, but is eliminated in the semi finals.
- Coach Gerhard finishes in second, losing to Apex’s Aiden Click.
View complete results: https://fencingtimelive.com/events/results/7381E972023043C8A5F215CFFC17F197
View photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1uypnKYvGYpXjiWw6
Absolute Fencing Gear will be at Myrtle Beach if you are looking to purchase equipment, but also want to be able to try things on, there would be a good place to do so. Your next opportunity for multiple fencing equipment suppliers you can shop from will be in February during the 2024 Fencing Junior Olympics and North American Cup in Charlotte, NC. Our fencers typically get the advanced practice set. If you are purchasing individual pieces at Myrtle Beach to complete a set, make sure they know you are purchasing a set (it’s more expensive purchasing pieces individually).
Otherwise, wish Coach Gerhard, Isabelle, Isaac, and Olivia luck this weekend!
Download updated schedule of events: http://schedule.allamericanfencing.com
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2023: CHRISTMAS PARTY! Starts at 6PM.
- DON’T FORGET: Potluck sign up: http://www.luckypotluck.com/potluck/2023AAFAChristmasParty
- NO CLASSES DURING WEEK OF CHRISTMAS (I may open for open fencing one morning or evening to get your fencing itch on.)
Beginner Class Students Holiday Schedule
Please come in on Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 6PM for your final beginner’s class in December (We won’t have any classes during the week of Christmas). If you would like to continue class after this month, classes will resume during the first week of January.