On Strip/At Home, Audio Series: Dr. Ron Miller on Negative Thinking and The Mentally Healthy Athlete
In our last On Strip/At Home Audio Series, we spoke with Valerie Alston about “Putting it in Perspective”, catastrophic thinking, and getting out of catastrophic thinking.
This time, we will be speaking with 52 year retired UNC Chapel Hill NCAA Division I head fencing coach, Dr. Ron Miller. He is still the head coach for the North Carolina Fencing Development Program at Chapel Hill and a guest coach at Apex Fencing Academy.
Coach Ron Miller was Coach Gerhard’s first and only fencing coach. He had an opportunity to listen to the previous audio series and wanted to share some of his knowledge on athlete resilience.
In this audio series, Coach Ron Miller will be talking about Turning Around Negative Thinking, a similar topic from our discussion win Valerie Alston, and the Important Principals of a Mentally Healthy Athlete. This audio series not only helps our athletes, but is great information for our parents and teammates assisting their friends during competition.
Coach Miller also took some questions about being a collegiate athlete and exercises our athletes can do during North Carolina’s stay-at-home order.
You can read Coach Miller’s information papers on the subject by downloading them here:
- Turning Around Negative Thinking
- Important Principles of a Mentally Healthy Athlete
How to listen to the audio:
- Listen on YouTube: https://youtu.be/8ZwyrCZGuBA
- Listen from SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-430155903/coach-miller-april-2-interview-complete
- Download: https://allamericanfencing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/coachmillerapril2interview.mp3
- Listen Below
Thank you to our On Strip/At Home Sponsors
- Fox Bookkeeping: https://www.facebook.com/Fox-Bookkeeping-484085878994066/
- Steven C. McRae, P.A.: http://stevemcraelaw.com/
- Matthew Woods VO: http://matthewwoodsvo.com/