Here are some quick important updates.
- We are planning on returning to a class schedule in October (starting October 6). Make sure you review the guidelines for a return to class in October at https://allamericanfencing.com/return-guidelines-in-october/
- No classes from from September 28 – October 2. Between video classes and 7-9 private lessons Tuesdays through Thursdays, Coach Gerhard is awfully exhausted. It will also give me a chance to get the fencing ready for return.
UPDATES, PART DEUX:
Not quite as important, and I’ve mentioned them before, but very quickly…
- Make sure you have face masks, they will be required inside our facility. Remember, AAFA brand masks are available at: https://www.cceheadgearplus.com/product/aafa-face-mask/299?cs=true
- Reduce how much you need to touch or borrow! Consider getting a beginner’s set from Absolute Fencing Gear. Or if you want to get the bare minimum, they are still offering a free glove with a purchase of a mask. Link to fencing set: https://www.absolutefencinggear.com/shopping/product_info.php/products_id/593/cPath/62
- If you’ve seen at disinfectant spray, those are the hardest to find. If you see any, let me know so I can run and grab some…otherwise, there’s plenty of disinfectant wipes available out there.
THIS WEEK’S CLASS
0:00 Updates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=0s
6:10 Warm-Ups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=370s
10:56 Bladework https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=656s
22:25 Footwork https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=1345s
29:45 Skillwork https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=1785s
39:50 Cool Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=2390s
45:10 Bout Analysis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLMLUXFSyY&t=2710s
Full 1989 World Fencing Championship, Men’s Team Foil, Russia Vs. Germany:
Fox Bookkeeping: https://www.facebook.com/Fox-Bookkeeping-484085878994066/
Steven C. McRae, P.A.: http://stevemcraelaw.com/
Matthew Woods VO: http://matthewwoodsvo.com/
Music by: www.bensound.com
Disclaimer: Your participation in any workout that we post is at your own risk. Any equipment you choose to use to learn, play or participate in any fencing activity is your choice and responsibility and you personally assume your own risk or risk to any participants. The All-American Fencing Academy and/or USA Fencing will not be liable or responsible to any injuries or damages that may occur as a result of your participation, to those around you, or to any of your surroundings.